Ingredients:1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup frozen onion, peppers, celery or fresh vegetables cut up
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/4 cup Buffalo sauce
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded jack cheese
Green Giant Cauliflower Veggie Tots
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Sausage Tater Tot Casserole Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Preheat your grill. Grill the sausage until it’s cooked through for about five minutes on each side. Alternatively, you can cook the sausage on the stove on medium heat. For stovetop cooking, add the sausage and 1/2 cup of water to a pan. Cover and heat for around five minutes on each side. Then, remove the lid and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
3. Slice the sausage into 1-inch thick pieces and set it aside.
4. Use a large skillet to heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mixture of frozen vegetables or your fresh, cut up vegetables to the pan with garlic. All of the vegetables will begin to soften. When they do, add the thyme, oregano, paprika, garlic and white pepper.
5. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir it together.
6. Whisk in the chicken broth and stir the whole thing together. Let it come to a slight boil and stir it again. Cook it until it thickens into a sauce.
7. Stir in the Buffalo sauce and shredded chicken. Stir the mixture together.
8. Arrange the cheddar cheese and jack cheese over the mixture in the skillet. Put the frozen cauliflower veggie tots over the cheese in as much of a single layer as you can.
9. Bake the skillet in the oven for 28 to 32 minutes or until the tater tots get crispy.
10. Take the skillet out of the oven and top it with blue cheese crumbles.
11. Spoon it out of the skillet to serve immediately. Enjoy!