1/2 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 Pineapple Cut into 1 1/2 inch cube sized chunks (~5 per wooden skewer)
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 pineapple, cut into chunks
8-10 wooden skewers
Cooked white rice or mixed salad greens
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Coconut Pineapple Shrimp & Sausage Skewers:
1. Combine the coconut milk, garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper in a large plastic freezer bag. Add the shrimp, then massage the bag so the shrimp are covered in the marinade. Put the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for one hour.
2. Soak the skewers in water for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
4. Cut the sausages into 1/2-inch slices. Cook them over medium-high heat in a skillet on the stovetop.
5. Thread the skewers with the shrimp, sausages and pineapple chunks that were cut earlier. Leave about two inches at the bottom of the skewer to make them easier to flip.
6. Place the skewers on a grill pan and grill for two or three minutes on both sides. Serve over rice or mixed salad greens.