1 lb. Premio , cut into coins
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup sauerkraut, prepared
¼ tsp. caraway
¼ tsp. fennel
¼ tsp. rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Bratwurst and Sauerkraut Sheet Pan Dinner:
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F, line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Make a rectangular makeshift tray for your sauerkraut out of aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Toss potatoes, 1 tsp. olive oil, salt and pepper and spread into an even layer on one side of the baking sheet. Spread the bratwurst slices on the other side, leaving a space in the middle for the sauerkraut. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the bratwurst and roast for 15 minutes, or until the meat is mostly browned and the potatoes are tender.
3. Toss sauerkraut with caraway, fennel and rosemary, then spread into the foil tray and place in the middle of the baking sheet between the potatoes and the bratwurst. Place in the oven for 15 more minutes or until the sauerkraut is warmed, the potatoes are completely tender and crisp on the outside, and the meat is browned through.
4. Divide soft sauerkraut, roasted potatoes and cooked meat between two plates and serve warm. Enjoy this delicious taste of home.