1/2 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
1-2 quarts chicken stock
1/2 pound kale greens, stemmed and cleaned
1 cup white beans
1 cup diced new red potatoes
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic
1 ounce minced shallots
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Lisbon Soup:
1. Remove casing from Premio Sausage. Heat a pan to medium heat.
2. Finely grate garlic, reserving half for later, and add with olive oil to pan. Add diced potatoes and brown until potatoes starts to give slightly, not mushy. Remove potatoes and reserve pan drippings.
3. Add sausage to pan and cook until browned.
4. Shred kale into bite size pieces; add to meat, cooking until slightly wilted. Increase to high heat; add juice from lemon, 1 tablespoon parsley and then the stock. Add the beans and potatoes.
5. With lemon peel, mince zest until you have 1 tablespoon. Combine with remaining garlic and parsley, making gremolatta. Reserve for later for sprikling on soup when served. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6