- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Loaded Roasted Sweet Potato Breakfast:
1) Cut Sweet Potato vertically, as shown above, rub with olive oil generously, and sprinkle salt on sweet potato. Make sure to also sprinkle salt on the skin.
2) Turn oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a cookie sheet, grab wax paper and place it on a cookie sheet. Put Sweet Potato halves onto the cookie sheet and place them into the oven. Set a timer on 30 minutes.
3) Chop onion however you’d like and set it aside. Then slice mushrooms vertically into thin slices. Next, take the sausage and form 10 small meatballs. Cover the mushrooms and cover the sausage meatballs. Place both into the fridge until it’s time to cook them.
4) When the timer goes off, spray a skillet and add onion to the skillet. Turn the heat on low. Sprinkle the onions with a pinch of salt and stir for 5 minutes. Leave the sweet potato halves in the oven and set another timer for 20 minutes.
5) After the onions cook for 5 minutes, add the sausage meatballs to the skillet, and turn the heat on medium-low. Flip the meatballs and cook until the meatballs are golden brown on each side. Turn the heat back to low and add the mushroom slices to the skillet. Add a shake of garlic powder, onion powder, and a few drops of liquid aminos onto mushrooms and sausages. Note: Coconut aminos are slightly sweeter. The whole above process should take about 10 minutes or less. After the mushrooms are browned on each side, turn the heat off. Note: Both my stovetop and oven get really hot so take that into consideration when reading the heat settings I use. At this point, the sweet potatoes should be almost ready.
6) After the second timer goes off, turn the oven off. If you want a slightly crispier and more caramelized sweet potato, keep the sweet potato halves in the oven for another 10 minutes after turning the oven off.
7) Next, take your avocado half and cut it into cubes, and set them aside. You can now take the sweet potato halves out of the oven. Let them stand for a few minutes. After, take a spoon and mash the top of the sweet potato. Then add all of your toppings, some everything bagel seasoning, garnish of your choice, and enjoy!
Recipe inspiration from @sierraeatsworld