- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Pizza Topped with Pesto, Caramelized Onions, Sausage, Mozzarella, Goat Cheese and Hot Honey:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Sauté diced onion in butter or olive oil over medium heat until soft, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Set aside once cooked.
3. Lightly brush each pizza with olive oil. Add a spoonful of pesto sauce in the center and spread until base is evenly coated.
4. Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese and Goat cheese crumbles onto pizza. Add slices of Premio sausage. Top with a sprinkle of Oregano.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and immediately top with a generous drizzle of hot honey.
Recipe inspiration from @youngatheartmom