1 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), cut into 1-inch chunks 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, cut into chunks
1 large green bell pepper, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes Salt & fresh ground black pepper, to taste
3/4 cup beer
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Fresh Italian or French bread, for dipping
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Beer Bratwurst Skillet Dinner:
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and Premio Sausage. Brown sausage on all sides. Add the potatoes; stir and cook until lightly brown.
2. Place the onion and green pepper chunks in the skillet; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, and cook until the onion is slightly translucent. Add the beer and Dijon mustard; cover and simmer for 25 minutes (the potatoes should be soft enough to roughly chop up with a fork).
3. Stir the mixture, thoroughly, a couple of times in order to make a chunky potato gravy. Serve in large individual bowls with plenty of Italian or French bread.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4