1/2 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), casings removed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6-7 tablespoons buttermilk
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Cheesy Sausage Puffs:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). In a skillet, cook and crumble Premio Sausage until no longer pink; drain.
2. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese; stir in sausage. Add buttermilk and toss with a fork until just moistened. Shape into 1-1/2-inch balls.
3. Place balls 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees (F) for 12-15 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Remove and cool on wire racks.
NOTE: Baked sausage puffs may be frozen; reheat at 400° (F) for 7-9 minutes or until heated through- they do not need to be thawed first