1 14-oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 cup quinoa (any variety)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp dried thyme or 1 Tbs fresh
1/2 tsp dried oregano or 1 tsp fresh
1/2 tsp dried rosemary or 1 tsp fresh
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1 tbsp. dried parsley or 2 tbsp. fresh
2 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp. dijon or brown mustard
4 cups mixed leafy salad greens (arugula, baby kale, baby spinach, etc.)
1/2 cup green olives, pitted and halved
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Chicken Sausage Quinoa Bowls:
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa and cook per quinoa box or bag instructions. Note: You may need more chicken broth for certain quinoa varieties. Once the quinoa is cooked, remove the pan from heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Move the pan aside.
2. Take Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage out of the package and place on a plate and put it in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove the plate from the freezer and transfer the sausage to a cutting board.
3. Use a sharp knife to cut approximately half-inch medallions of the chicken sausage.
4. Place the medallions in a non-stick medium-size skillet. Cook, stirring and turning every minute, over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes, or until the sausages reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees (F). Remove the skillet from heat.
5. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, parsley, green onions and mustard to make chicken quinoa salad vinaigrette.
6. In a separate mixing bowl, combine half the chicken quinoa salad vinaigrette with cooked quinoa from the saucepan, mixed greens, olives and tomatoes.
7. For your chicken quinoa bowls, divide the quinoa mixture between 4-6 plates or deep bowls, depending on preferred portion sizes. Add equal parts Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage medallions on top and divide vinaigrette evenly among the bowls. Serve immediately.