2 pounds Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
1/2 pound chickpeas, soaked overnight (or 2 large cans chickpeas)
1 large yellow onion, cut into ribbons
3 cloves garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 small branch fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Salt and fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Hearty Chickpea Sausage Stew:
1. In a stockpot, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic, spices and Premio Sausages; saute. Add wine and tomatoes; simmer for an additional 1 minute.
2. Add chickpeas and simmer until chickpeas are very tender, about 15 minutes if canned; up to one hour if dried and soaked.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
SERVES: 5-7SERVES: 5-7