4 links of Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
3 Idaho potatoes
1 1/2 red bell peppers
Pinch of thyme
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Hash Italiano:
1. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a non-stick frying pan. Finely chop the onion and the garlic. Add the onion to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Then, add the garlic, chopped bell peppers, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once done, remove from pan.
2. Add another 1 tablespoon of oil to pan. Cut up potatoes (about 1/2-inch cubes) and add to hot oil. Quickly stir potatoes to prevent from sticking. Add salt (approximately 1/4 teaspoon), cover pan and allow potatoes to cook for another 10 minutes, or until when the point of a knife easily goes through potato. Once cooked, remove from pan.
3. Remove casings from Premio Sausage and place sausage meat into the hot pan. Stir to break up the meat and saute for about 10 minutes. Add the pepper mixture and the potatoes to the sausage; cook together for about 2 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool before serving.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4