1 package Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 package fresh baby spinach
1 (28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 (14 ounce) can white cannellini beans
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tube prepared polenta
Freshly grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio's Sausage and Bean Ragout over Polenta:
1. In a large sauté pan, heat ½ of the olive oil over medium heat. Add Premio Sausages to pan and brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from heat, cool slightly and cut into pieces.
2. In the same pan, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add sliced sausage and fresh spinach; stir until spinach is wilted.
3. Add can of tomatoes (with juice), tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook until sausage is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened.
4. Add undrained cannellini beans and reduce heat to low. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a separate saucepan or griddle, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Slice polenta 1/4-inch thick and cook polenta on each side until crispy, about 4 minutes each side. Drain on paper towel if needed.
6. Lay polenta slices on serving plate. Top with sausage ragout and shredded parmesan cheese.!
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6