1 14-oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 cup quinoa
3/4 tsp. kosher salt or sea salt
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
3 medium-sized plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced well
1 medium-sized seedless cucumber, diced well
1 Vidalia onion, diced well
2 large carrots, grated
3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Quinoa Tabbouleh:
1. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage from the package. Place sausage links on a plate. Put the plate in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to firm meat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet at a low heat setting for one minute.
3. Remove the plate of Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage from the freezer.
4. Pre-heat your grill to a medium-high setting.
5. Place Premio Sweet Chicken Sausages on the grill. Cook until sausages reach a minimum temperature of 165 degrees F. using a meat thermometer. Remove the sausages from the grill and let them rest until cool enough to cut into coins.
6. Boil the chicken broth in large saucepan on the stove at high heat. Add the quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the boiling chicken broth. Simmer mixture, covered, on low heat for 15 minutes. Set cooked quinoa aside to cool.
7. Mix 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon or lime juice, diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, diced onion, grated carrots and chopped parsley in a large mixing bowl. Allow flavors to transfer for five minutes. Add cooked Premio Sweet Chicken Sausage coins to tomato-cucumber mixture. Stir well.
8. Fluff cooked quinoa to separate the grains. Transfer the quinoa into the mixing bowl with the sausage coin and tomato mixture. Gently stir ingredients to combine.
9. Serve quinoa tabbouleh with Premio Sweet Chicken Sausage slightly warm or chilled.