2 cups of your favorite Premio Sausage variety
2 cups yellow onions, sliced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon roasted garlic paste
1 cup prepared mild tomato salsa
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoon prepared hot sauce
1 (15 ounce) can creamed sweet corn
1 (15 ounce) can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups taco blend shredded cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 bag Party ‘tizers Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Redzone Cha-Cha-Cha Dip:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Remove casings from Premio Sausage. In a non-stick pan, brown crumbled sausage until cooked, according to package directions. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
2. In same non-stick pan, sauté onions and mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Sauté until onions are translucent and mushrooms are browned. Remove and set aside to cool.
3. In a food processor or blender, combine 1 can chick peas with juice, 1/2 can rinsed and drained black beans, cumin, garlic and hot sauce. Blend to a creamy mixture.
4. In a 9 x 13 metal or glass pan, layer ingredients according to below:
First layer: onion and mushroom mixture
Second layer: Premio Sausage
Third layer: blended bean mixture
Fourth layer: remaining black beans
Fifth layer: 7.5 ounces of creamed corn
Sixth layer: Taco cheese
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and add salsa around the pan, forming a “redzone.” Serve with your favorite flavor of Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 5-8SERVES: 5-8