1 package Premio Original Pork Sausage
2 cloves garlic
1/8 teaspoon fennel
3 teaspoons (or more) grapeseed oil
1 package mushrooms
1 cup cooked wild rice
Green apple, grated
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Rice Sausage Patties:
Our rice sausage patties make a fantastic hot breakfast. You can save time on busy weekday mornings by prepping the patties ahead of time, then freezing them between sheets of waxed paper. Put them in the refrigerator the night before, and by morning, they will be thawed and ready to fry.
You can eat them any time of day, though. These hearty patties also taste great as a sandwich for lunch or served with a green salad and rolls for dinner.
1. Fry sausage in a frying pan on medium heat. Drain excess oil, then set aside.
2. In another frying pan, add 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil and saute shallots, garlic and fennel. Add mushrooms. Cook until they become caramelized.
3. Add shallot and mushroom mixture to a food processor and process. Add the rice and continue to pulse until the grains appear broken but still noticeable.
4. Put the mixture in a large bowl. Add the sausage, green apple and tarragon. Mix well.
5. Form the mixture into 14 patties.
6. Add another teaspoon of oil to the frying pan you used for the shallots. Working in batches, fry the patties until crispy, adding more oil when needed.
Makes about 14 servings, 1 patty per serving.
To find Premio sausage at a store near you, use our store locator.
Recipe inspiration from @spicedupmom