1 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite)
7 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/8 teaspoon saffron
1 tablespoon butter
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Risotto With Sausage:
1. Dice the onion and grate the parmesan cheese; set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat the stock to a simmer (not letting it boil).
3. In a separate pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add Premio Sausage and cook until lightly browned.
4. Stir in the rice until coated with the oil and cook for an additional couple of minutes. Slowly add one cup of the stock and stir continuously. As the stock begins to absorb, begin adding 1/2 cup stock at a time until all of it is used (this will take about 15 to 20 minutes).
5. Remove from the heat and add the wine, saffron, butter and parmesan cheese.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4