1 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), casings removed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package lasagna noodles
1 pint Ricotta chesse
1 cup grated Parmesan chesse
1 pound shredded Mozzarella chesse
1 pound sliced Mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup milk
2 cups half and half
1 egg yolk
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Ronnie's White Christmas Lasagna:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a saute pan, add onion and butter; saute. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
2. Add milk and 1 cup of half and half to the saute pan; stir until thick.
3. Beat the rest of the half and half with the 2 egg yolks; stir into sauce. Bring almost to a boil and then set aside.
4. Meanwhile, cook the Premio Sausage with the garlic and salt. Remove from pan and blend in food processor until a fine crumble. Combine the ricotta, 1/2 the Parmesan cheese and the eggs.
5. In a pot, add the noddles and cook; drain.
6. Take out a lasagna pan and start layering with white sauce, then the noodles, the Ricotta mixture, the ground Premio pork mixture, the mushrooms and finally the Mozzarella. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
7. Top with mushrooms and the paparika. Place in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove, let cool and serve.