1 package of Premio Original Pork Sausage
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 leek, sliced into rounds
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more if desired
1 bunch kale, sliced into ribbons
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup half and half
1/3 cup milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage and Kale Pasta:
Sausage kale pasta is an ideal meal for busy families who want something fast and healthy. Kale is a superfood, and it combines with the sausage for an outstanding combination of nutrients and protein. Plus, this dish tastes so good, everyone will ask for seconds.
1. Cook pasta according to instructions on the package.
2. Heat your largest pan on medium and cook the sausage, breaking it into bite-size pieces.
3. As the sausage begins to brown, add the garlic, leek and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add kale to the sausage mix, cooking for about 6 minutes and stirring frequently.
5. Add Parmesan cheese, half and half, and milk to sausage mixture. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
6. Drain pasta, keeping a cup of pasta water in reserve. Return pasta to the pot and add sausage mixture. Add pasta water until you achieve the consistency you desire.
7. Garnish with more red pepper flakes and Parmesan, if you like, to serve.
Makes approximately 4 to 6 servings.
Give our pasta with sausage and kale a try. Use our store locator to discover where Premio products are sold near you.
Recipe inspiration from @thedomesticdivamd