1 pound Premio Original Pork Sausage
2 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of salt
Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage Dip:
This may be one of the best sausage dips you have ever tasted. The creaminess of the cheese offsets the salty seasoning of the sausage for a flavor you will love. Adding the tomatoes with chilies gives the dip some heat, but not so much that it overpowers the delicate flavor of the cheese. Trust us that one scoop won’t be enough of this dip when you finally dig in.
You can spread the dip onto chips or cut-up veggies, like carrots and peppers. But you may just want to eat it with a spoon. Turn it into a full meal by topping a baked potato with our sausage dip or spooning it over rice and kidney beans. Whether you eat it for lunch, dinner or an afternoon snack, our sausage dip will satisfy your salty cravings. It’s a great fix-it-and-forget-it option, too, since most of the cooking occurs in the slow cooker.
1. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add sausage and saute until it becomes dark brown.
2. Drain excess grease from the frying pan.
3. Add sausage, tomatoes, cream cheese, garlic powder and salt to a slow cooker.
4. Simmer on low for three to four hours, or until everything has melded together.
Serves approximately 6 to 8.
Use our store locator to find a location near you that sells Premio sausage.