1 1/4 pounds of Premio Hot Italian Sausage
3 tablespoons balsamic onions
Three diced figs
1/4-cup candied pecans
One handful of arugula
1/4-cup halved cherry tomatoes
Two diced, roasted beets
Gluten-free, dairy-free sweet potato crust
Suggested serving size: Two
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage, Fig, Beets and Balsamic Onion Flatbread:
Whether you need a quick meal on a weeknight or a fun dish for a football tailgate, sausage flatbread pizzas are always a fantastic choice. They only take a few minutes to assemble and use tons of tasty, natural ingredients. You can make this recipe for caramelized onion pizza with dairy or dairy-free cheese.
1. Prepare sweet potato crust according to package instructions. If making from scratch, combine 1 cup of mashed sweet potato with 1 1/4 cups of gluten-free flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1/2-teaspoon of salt. Flatten and cook on a rimmed baking sheet at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
2. While the crust is baking, slice the sausage and heat it in a pan over medium heat until cooked.
3. Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Add a thin layer of balsamic glaze to the flatbread crust. Put one handful of arugula on the crust, spreading, so it covers the entire flatbread.
4. Sprinkle mozzarella on the crust, making it even, so every part has the same amount. Then, equally apply the halved cherry tomatoes to the flatbread.
5. Put beets on the flatbread, ensuring all ingredients are divided equally. Add the figs and candied pecans, then top with sausage and serve.
Use our store locator today to find where our products are sold.
Recipe inspiration from @therealkaylacappiello