1 16-oz. package Premio Hot Italian Sausage, removed from casings
1 14-16 oz. can chickpeas (any brand)
1 14-16 oz. can white kidney beans (any brand)
1/2 cup Chardonnay (any vintage)
20-24 oz. rigatoni or macaroni pasta (any brand)
2 tsp. sea salt
6 cups kale leaves, minced
6 cups Swiss chard leaves, minced
3/4 cup romano cheese, grated
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2 tsp. black pepper
4 tbsp. creamery butter (any brand)
2 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, shredded or minced
2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, shredded or minced
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage, Greens and Beans Pasta:
1. Place a large skillet on the stove. Add olive oil and heat on medium setting for one minute.
2. Turn heat to medium-high setting and add Premio Hot Italian Sausage. Cook until it’s no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Break up the sausage meat into small pieces with a spoon or spatula as it cooks.
3. Remove cooked sausage crumbles from the skillet with a slotted spoon. Place cooked sausage meat on a plate or in a bowl for later use.
4. Add chickpeas and white kidney beans to the same skillet with the hot oil. Mash half of the chickpeas and white kidney beans with a spoon or spatula. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove the unmashed chickpeas and white kidney beans with a slotted spoon and place with cooked Premio Hot Italian Sausage.
5. Add Chardonnay to the same skillet with the hot oil and mashed chickpeas and white kidney beans. Turn heat to high. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
6. Bring 4 quarts water to boil in a large pot over high heat. Add rigatoni or macaroni. Cook as per package instructions. Drain pasta in a colander, saving 2 cups pasta water.
7. Place drained pasta into the skillet with olive oil, wine and mashed beans mixture. Add 1 1/2 cup pasta water, sea salt, kale and Swiss chard.
8. Cook pasta, pasta water, greens and mashed beans mixture in the skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
9. Turn off heat. Add romano cheese, parmesan cheese, black pepper and creamery butter to the skillet.
10. Add crumbled Premio Hot Italian Sausage along with the unmashed chickpeas and white kidney beans to the skillet. Toss all ingredients well to combine.
11. Top Premio Hot Italian Sausage and bean pasta recipe with rosemary and basil leaves and serve immediately.