One package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
One sweet potato, diced
One bunch of asparagus, chopped
One yellow onion, diced
Half a red cabbage, sliced
One zucchini, sliced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2-teaspoon garlic powder
3/4-teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups of rice
Suggested serving size: Four
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage Harvest Bowls:
Our Sausage Harvest Bowls are versatile and perfect for any time of year. You can substitute seasonal vegetables for whatever you have on hand. This meal is also great for using up odds and ends stored in your refrigerator. It makes an excellent meal for those busy on-the-go weeknights when you’re dashing to sports practices and meetings. Our Harvest Bowl recipe will quickly become a staple in your menu rotation.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toss all vegetables with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread on a lined, rimmed baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes or until vegetables are all fork-tender.
3. While the vegetables cook, prepare the sausage. Slice into medallions and cook in a large skillet on medium heat until no pink remains. Set aside. Prepare rice according to package directions.
4. Remove veggies from the oven and assemble four bowls. Put rice in each bowl as the base layer. Add vegetables on top and finish with a layer of sausage.
Do you love Premio sausage? Use our store locator to find where you can buy our products and make this fantastic meal tonight!
Recipe inspiration from @ilonashabovta