1-1/2 pounds Premio Original Pork Sausage
2 garlic cloves
4 cups chopped organic kale
1 package jumbo pasta shells
30-ounce container ricotta cheese
Zest and juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
16-ounce bag frozen butternut squash
1/4 cup vegetable stock
1 jar alfredo sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage & Kale Stuffed Shells With Butternut Squash Alfredo:
Want to impress your friends at your next dinner party? These delicious sausage and kale stuffed shells taste like you spent hours in the kitchen, but they’re actually a snap to make.
1. Heat frying pan and cook sausage, shallot and garlic until caramelized. Add the kale and stir until it wilts. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
2. Boil a pot of water and add shells. Let them cook for half the time recommended on the package. Drain the shells, then lay them on a baking sheet to cool. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Add ricotta, lemon zest and juice, egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix. Add the sausage and kale mix, and stir well.
4. Microwave the butternut squash according to package directions. Put it in a blender with the vegetable stock and a little pepper and salt. Blend.
5. Mix squash puree and alfredo sauce in another bowl.
6. Pour the squash alfredo mixture into a baking dish, filling about 1/4 inch. Add ricotta and sausage mixture to each shell. Put filled shells in baking dishes. Top with the remainder of the squash alfredo sauce, then sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serves approximately 6 to 8.
To make our butternut squash stuffed shells, find a store near you that carries Premio sausage.