- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage & Peppers Rigatoni:
1. Boil pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni, and cook to al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, drain & set aside.
2.Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in the sausage, bell pepper & onion, season with 1 tap salt. The sausage should render & brown nicely & the peppers & onions should soften.
3. Stir tomato paste into skillet. As it heats, stir to coat the sausage & veggies. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then deglaze the skillet with the white wine. Increase the heat to medium-high. Once the wine simmers, add in the crushed tomatoes & parmesan. Stir to combine, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Let sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pasta to the skillet. Toss to coat, adding some of the reserved pasta water as needed. Let the pasta simmer 1-2 minutes. Plate and to top with Parm and parsley!
Recipe inspiration from @whiskeyandaprons