1 package Premio Original Pork Sausage
Salt to taste
1 large pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced
Red pepper flakes, to taste
1 teaspoon olive oil
Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage, Potato and Pepper Skillet:
Our sausage, peppers and potatoes skillet is hearty, satisfying and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This dish takes little time to prepare, and you probably have most of the ingredients sitting around the house. That makes it an ideal meal for a busy weeknight, when time is limited. You can serve our sausage, peppers and potatoes immediately or add a few eggs prepared to your preference to finish off the meal. Fried, sunny side up, scrambled and over-easy eggs all taste great on top.
1. Dice the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Put them in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Sprinkle in the salt and bring water to a boil. Continue cooking for 4 or 5 minutes, until you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork.
2. As potatoes cook, heat your largest pan to medium. Add sausage to the pan, break it up and cook until it’s browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add pepper and onion to the sausage. Season with red pepper flakes, to taste. If you want to, add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until veggies soften.
4. Drain potatoes, then add them to the skillet. Cook until sausage and peppers are completely cooked and potatoes get crispy around the edges, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Makes about 4 to 6 servings.
Use our store locator to find Premio sausage at a location near you.
Recipe inspiration from @thedomesticdivamd