1 16-ounce package Premio Hot Italian sausage
1 white onion, minced
5 garlic cloves, crushed
3 red bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup flour, all-purpose (any brand)
8 cups chicken or beef broth (any brand)
1 16-ounce package egg noodles
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons basil, dried
1 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 cup fresh kale, finely chopped
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage and Red Pepper Soup With Egg Noodles:
1. Remove casings from Premio Hot Italian sausage. Add the sausage meat to a small mixing bowl. Discard casings.
2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet. Heat for one minute on low. Then increase the heat to low-medium and add the sausage meat. Break up your sausage meat by stirring regularly. Cook for three minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic and red peppers. Cook for seven minutes or until sausage is brown and the red peppers lose their crunch. Remove the skillet from heat and set aside on a trivet or unheated stove burner.
4. Fill a medium-size pot with enough water to cover 2/3 of the inside. Bring it to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook them according to their package directions. Drain them in a colander and sett aside.
5. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large pot. Turn the heat to low. After one minute, sprinkle flour onto the hot olive oil. Whisk them together quickly, then cook for one minute, whisking continuously.
6. Pour 1 cup of chicken or beef broth over the flour mixture, and whisk to combine. Once thoroughly mixed, add the remaining broth.
7. Add your sausage mixture to the broth in the pot and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the cooked noodles and spices. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat, stirring every three to four minutes.
8. Add kale and cook for three additional minutes. Check to ensure the sausage has reached a minimum temperature of 165°F.
9. Serve your sausage and red pepper soup with egg noodles while warm.