1 pound Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), cooked & browned 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 servings brown rice, cooked according to package directions
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage, Tomatoes and Onions! Oh, my!:
1. Add olive oil to a saute pan. Add onions and tomatoes to pan and cook until tomatoes run and have a thicker consistency (somewhat of a sauce). Add red pepper flakes and chili powder; stir well.
2. Prepare rice, according to package directions, as tomatoes and onions cook.
3. Cut Premio Sausage into 1/2-inch slices. Add to tomato and onion mixture in the saute pan. Add salt and pepper; stir everything together.
4. Serve sausage, tomatoes and onions over a bed of rice.