1 16 oz. package Premio Italian Specialties sausage, your favorite
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup bread crumbs (any brand)
4 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 egg, beaten
1 and 1/4 cup chicken or beef stock (any brand)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup red cooking wine
1 12-16 ounce package fresh mushrooms, diced
3 tablespoons butter, cut into 3 cubes
2 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons light or heavy cream Print
How to make Spinach and Italian Sausage Stuffed Pork Tenderloin:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take pork tenderloin pieces out of the packaging. On a wooden or plastic cutting board, trim fat.
3. Using sharp knife, carefully split pork tenderloin by slicing down the middle. Slice about 3/4 of the way to the base of the tenderloin.
4. Lay pork tenderloin flat and cover with plastic wrap. Use meat hammer — flat end — to pound tenderloin and expand the size of the meat. Allow pork tenderloin to rest on cutting board.
5. Remove casings from Premio Italian Specialties sausage and discard.
6. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to large skillet. Heat 30 seconds at low-medium setting, then place the sausage into the skillet. Cook five to seven minutes, constantly breaking up Premio Italian Specialties sausage into smaller pieces. Turn off the heat and allow the cooked sausage to rest.
7. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to different skillet. Heat 30 seconds at low setting. Add spinach and stir until it is lightly cooked. Turn off heat and set aside.
8. Blend cooked Premio Italian Specialties sausage, bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, egg and 1/4 cup chicken or beef stock in a large mixing bowl.
9. Place each flattened pork tenderloin onto a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Stuff each tenderloin with the sausage, spinach and cheese mixture. Roll pork tenderloin around the stuffing. Use aluminum foil to keep pork tenderloin wrapped and secure.
10. Place wrapped tenderloins on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
11. Add 4 tablespoons olive oil to skillet on low setting. After 30 seconds, add mushrooms to oil. Cook for five minutes.
12. Add wine and remaining chicken or beef stock to mushrooms. Simmer for one minute.
13. Cover butter cubes in flour. Add floured butter cubes to mushrooms, stirring the mushroom sauce.
14. Add light or heavy cream to the mushroom sauce.
15. Serve pork tenderloins unwrapped on a platter. Cover with mushroom sauce to finish.
Use our store locator to find out where to buy your Premio Italian Specialties sausage today!