- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Italian Sausage Topped With Tomato & Onion Mixture On Hoagie Roll:
- Add Italian sausages to a pan and brown until it is cooked through for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Chop up two red bell peppers and two yellow bell peppers, one large yellow onion and three cloves of garlic and sauté over medium heat until half cooked through for about ten minutes.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 cup beef broth, 1 tablespoon of oregano, two chopped basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste and simmer over low to medium heat for about fifteen minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Add your cooked sausage to a hoagie roll and top with pepper and onion mixture as desired and enjoy!
Enjoy our tasty Italian Chicken Sausage? Try all of Premio’s delicious sausage varieties. Search for Premio sausage in a store near you.
Recipe inspiration from @eatdrinkandbemandy