6 Premio Breakfast Sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 large russet potato, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
Salt and pepper
12 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 can (4 ounces) can diced green chilies
4 burrito-sized flour tortillas
8 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
1 can (10 ounces) green or red enchilada sauce
Store-bought guacamole (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make "The Works" Breakfast Burrito:
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Premio Breakfast Sausage and cook until done, about 5 minutes. Set sausages aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until potatoes are golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork. Set potatoes aside.
3. Preheat the broiler. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and scramble the eggs. Mix chilies and reserved sausages into the scrambled eggs.
5. Divide the reserved potatoes evenly amongst the tortillas, lining them up down the center with 1-inch left at either end. Top the potatoes with the egg mixture. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the eggs.
6. Fold the two ends in and then wrap the two sides over the egg and cheese mixture.
7. Place each burrito on a separate plate, folded side down. Pour the enchilada sauce over top of the burritos and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
8. Place each plated burrito under the broiler for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling. Place a dollop of guacamole and sour cream on top, if desired. Serve immediately.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6