1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil and chopped
2 (13.5-ounce) cans of chick peas, drained and rinsed
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
Pinch of smoked paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make 3-Pointer Sausage Skillet:
1. Heat a covered skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and Premio Sausage; sauté until sausage has browned. Remove and set on a paper towel to drain but keep oil in pan.
2. Add garlic to skillet and cook for 30 seconds. Add white wine, ¼ cup chicken broth, red onion, tomatoes and chick peas; cover and cook for 5 minutes until liquid is simmering.
3. Slice sausage links into ½-inch thick slices. Whisk egg, parmesan cheese, remainder of the chicken broth, paprika and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl. Add the parmesan mix to the skillet, one spoonful at a time, stirring it gently through the chick peas until cheese has fully melted.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in sausage slices. Cover skillet and set aside for two minutes, for sauce to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top each serving with a sprinkle of parsley and serve. Enjoy!