16 ounces Premio Italian Sausage with Cheese & Basil
20 ounces frozen or fresh cheese tortellini
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 small onion
2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1/2 cup marscarpone cheese
1 small handful fresh basil leaves, chopped or julienned
6-8 slices mozzarella cheese or 2 – 4 ounces, grated
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesiano Regiano Cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Baked Sausage Tortellini:
1. In a large pot, add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
2. Heat oil in large saute pan on medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add Premio Sausage and seasoned pepper; saute until meat is thoroughly cooked, breaking sausage into chunks as it cooks.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the marinara sauce, mascarpone, and basil until creamy and mixed thoroughly. Add sausage mixture and marinara mixture to cooked tortellini; combine well.
4. Spray a 2-quart round baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add half of sausage and half of pasta to dish, top with 1/2 of each cheese, add remainder of sausage and pasta and top with remainder of cheeses. Place into preheated 375 degree (F) and bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden on top. Allow to cool and serve.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6