1/2 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
3 cobs sweet corn
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make BBQ’d Sweet Corn with Premio Sausage & Roasted Red Peppers:
1. Preheat the grill. Remove the husks and threads from the corn.
2. Cook the sausages over indirect heat, keeping the lid closed. Cook them for 15 to 20 minutes. If you’d like the sausages to be more browned on the outside, cook them over direct heat for about two minutes on each side. Remove the sausages from the grill and set aside.
3. Wash the peppers and add them to the grill once the sausages have cooked. Turn the peppers every few minutes. Cook them until they are charred, about 10 minutes.
4. Take some olive oil and add the salt, black pepper and paprika. Brush each cob of corn with it.
5. Place the corn on the grill after the peppers have cooked for two minutes. Cook the cobs evenly on all sides, turning every few minutes. The corn is done when the kernels are toasted to a golden brown, about eight minutes. Remove the corn and cut each cob in half, if desired. Keep an eye on the cobs so they don’t burn.
6. Cut the roasted red peppers in half and remove the ribs and seeds. Season the peppers with salt and black pepper.
7. Serve the sausages, roasted red peppers and corn on the cob family-style.