1 pound Premio Sweet Basil Italian Sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
2 cups onion, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 cup thinly sliced small potatoes
1 1/2 cup baby carrots, quartered
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Several sprigs of parsley for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Bistro In a Pot:
1. In a Dutch oven with cover, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onions; cook Premio Sausage until browned.
2. Add chicken broth, garlic, potatoes, carrots and lemo juice; cook for 10 minutes. Stir and place the lid tightly on the skillet and steam for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat, add cheese and peas; stir to combine and cook just until peas are warm, about 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4