1/2 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
5 cups Romaine lettuce, shredded
1 medium or large tomato, chopped
5 strips of bacon
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make BLT+Sausage Pasta Salad:
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Add a few pinches of salt to the boiling water to give the pasta more flavor.
2. Cook the bacon. Fry it in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, cooking evenly on both sides. When the bacon is finished, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate. Let the bacon cool and dry off. Once it’s crispy, crumble it and set it aside. Drain the bacon fat.
3. Cook the sausage according to the directions on the packaging. You can use the same skillet as the bacon. When the sausages are done, cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
4. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, sausage, bacon, tomato and Romaine lettuce.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Drizzle the dressing over the pasta mixture. Stir and toss until all ingredients are coated evenly. Season the pasta salad with salt and black pepper, the amount as desired.