1 pound Premio Italian Sausage with Tomato, Garlic & Rosemary, removed from casings
1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/3 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
8 cups 1-inch cubed day-old bread
2-1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
8 large eggs, beaten
1/2 pound grated Pepper-Jack cheese
1/2 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan-Romano cheese Print
How to make Bourbon Street Breakfast Bake:
1. Heat oven to 325 Degrees (F). Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and saute Premio Tomato, Garlic & Rosemary Sausage until golden brown, and the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and peppers and cook until soft, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the wine (or broth) and reduce slightly, stirring over high heat for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
2. Put the bread in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and cream and mix well. Let sit 5 minutes.
3. Pour the melted butter into a 9×13-inch baking pan, and coat the bottom and sides evenly. Pour any extra butter into the bread mixture.
4. Mix the sausage and bread mixtures and add the eggs grated, Jack and Monterey Cheeses, salt, and peppers. Quickly fold together. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
5. Uncover and bake 15 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and increase heat to 375 Degrees (F).
6. Spread the sour cream evenly over the top and cover with the Parmesan-Romano cheeses. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until casserole is lightly browned on top. Serve HOT!
SERVES: 8SERVES: 8