8 ounces Premio Sausage (choose your favorite), thickly sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup minced celery
1/4 cup minced green pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Cajun Sausage and Shrimp Pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 425° (F). Place pizza crust on pizza pan or stone.
2. Heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the Premio Cajun Sausage and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook 3-5 more minutes or until cooked through. Using tongs, transfer the sausage to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add the shrimp, celery, green pepper and thyme to the hot oil and sauté 5 minutes, or until shrimp are firm and opaque. Using a tongs, transfer the shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
4. Combine the celery, green pepper, garlic and thyme with the pizza sauce and spread over the pizza crust. Top with cheese, then Premio Cajun Sausage, shrimp and green onions. Arrange the sausage and shrimp so that they look nice and are evenly distributed.
5. Bake pizza in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, about 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6