Ingredients:1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 /2 cup cream cheese, softened and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 teaspoon lime pepper
1 cup dairy sour cream
8 ounces egg noodles cooked and drained
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Cheese & Basil Sausage Stroganoff:
1. Remove Cheese & Basil Italian Sausage from casings. In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil. Add sausage and cook 4 minutes, stirring to crumble meat as it cooks.
2. Add onion and cook until onion is soft. Add mushrooms and garlic powder, and cook an additional two to three minutes.
3. Add cream cheese cubes, stirring to soften and incorporate into the meat mixture. Add lime pepper and sour cream. Fold sour cream into mixture. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
SERVES: 4-5SERVES: 4-5