Ingredients:Green Giant Broccoli Veggie Tots
2 green peppers
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 cup half and half
3/4 teaspoon garlic pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Cheesy Broccoli Veggie Tots Casserole With Sausage:
1. Remove the sweet Italian sausage from the casings and cook it in a skillet over medium heat. Stir the sausage with a large spoon to break it up. Cook it over the stove until you can’t see any pink.
2. Line a plate with paper towels and drain the sausage onto the plate. Set it aside until it cools.
3. Cook the broccoli tots according to directions on the package. Set them aside once they’re done.
3. Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray an 11-inch x 7-inch casserole dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
4. Wash and cut up the onion and green peppers into small pieces. You can add any other fresh vegetables such as tomatoes or zucchini that might be in season.
5. Layer the veggie tots at the bottom of the dish and add the cooked sausage, onion and green peppers on top. Cover the whole thing with cheese.
6. Combine the eggs, half and half, garlic pepper and dry mustard with a whisk. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish until the whole thing is covered.
7. Finally, put the casserole in the oven and bake it for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown. Stick a fork into the casserole to check and make sure it’s cooked all the way through.
8. Let the casserole rest for five minutes or more before you serve it. Put some hot sauce on top if you want some extra flavor. Enjoy!