1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
12 oz. pasta of your choice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, diced
1 cup pumpkin puree
4 cups vegetable stock
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz. room temperature cream cheese, cut into cubes
2 tbsp. butter
Parsley for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Cheesy Pumpkin and Sausage Pasta:
Looking for another delicious way to incorporate creamy, flavorful pumpkin into your recipes for a fall-flavored dish? As a one-pot take on mac-n-cheese complete with sweet sausage and buttery pumpkin flavors, this delicious cheesy pasta will steal your heart for the season.
1. In the bottom of a deep skillet or stockpot, saute your sausages with olive oil over medium-high heat, breaking into small chunks and cooking until thoroughly browned and firm.
2. Add in pasta, garlic, onion, pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, red pepper flakes, nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, turn heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Uncover to stir, cover again and continue to simmer for two to three more minutes until pasta is tender. Stir in cream cheese cubes and butter, blending until melted, creamy and entirely coating the pasta, meat and vegetable mixture.
4. Top with parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot for a comforting taste of fall.
If you love how our Sweet Italian Sausage tastes in your cheesy pumpkin pasta, you’re sure to savor all our sausage varieties. Try them in every recipe — find Premio products in a store near you today.