1 package of Premio Hot Italian Sausage Patties
4 Big Marty’s sesame seed rolls
8 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
1 bunch of fresh basil
2 red and 2 yellow peppers, grilled, peeled, seeded and julienned
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil Salt and pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can peeled chopped tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano Print
How to make Chef Capon’s Premio Sausage and Pepper “Burger”:
1. Grill peppers and onions and set aside.
2. Make tomato jam; heat olive oil, add garlic, cook for 1 minute, add tomatoes and pepper flakes. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes, to reduce.
3. Julienne peppers and onions, toss with balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.
4. Grill sausage patties for 3-4 minutes and flip.
5. Once flipped topped patties with pepper and onion mixture, mozzarella cheese, cook for 3 minutes.
6. Place rolls on the grill sliced, side down to toast.
7. Remove rolls from grill spread tomato jam on top half, remove sausage grillers and place on the roll, add 3 basil leaves and bun top.