4 Premio Cajun Sausage links 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 bunch scallion
1 red bell pepper
4 tablespoons butter
1 (15-ounce) can chopped tomato
4 cups cooked rice
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya:
1. Cook the chicken thighs, Premio Sausage and shrimp (if using) on a hot grill. Once fully cooked, transfer to resting rack and let cool for 5 minutes.
2. Grill the scallion and pepper until tender and lightly charred. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into bite-sized pieces.
3. Place the butter in an aluminum foil pan on top of the grill. Add the scallion and pepper to the pan; mix well. Add the chopped tomato and heat until the mixture simmers. Stir in the rice.
4. Cut the sausages and chicken into pieces (if using, leave the shrimp whole) and add to the pan. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE)
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6