1/2 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
2 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 heads romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
1 large tomato, diced
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
2 cups Mexican blend cheese
1/4 cup sour cream, if desired
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime, quartered
Tortilla chips Print
How to make Chicken Sausage & Shrimp Taco Bowls:
1. Preheat the grill. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder. Set aside.
2. Remove the sausage meat from the sausage casings. Set the meat aside.
3. De-vein the shrimp and remove the shells. Toss the shrimp in the olive oil and spices mixture and ensure they are completely coated..
4. Cook the sausage meat in a grill pan until it’s slightly browned. Once it is done, drain some of the excess fat.
5. Add the shrimp and cook them until they are pink and cooked the whole way through, about five minutes.
6. Take out four bowls and divide the romaine, tomato, black beans, red onion and cheese among them. Add a helping of shrimp and sausage to each. Squeeze a quarter of the lime over each bowl and top with cilantro. Break tortilla chips over the top and serve. Use sour cream if desired.