1 16-oz. package Premio Fresh Chorizo Sausage
1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced into small pieces
1 medium orange bell pepper, diced into small pieces
1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced into small pieces
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 tbsp. white vinegar (any brand)
2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. red pepper, crushed
1 cup mayonnaise (any brand)
1/3 cup chives, minced
1 1/2 tbsp. paprika
2 tbsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. black pepper
2 12-16 oz. cans or bottles of beer (any brand or variety)
6 fresh Italian sub sandwich rolls
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Chorizo Hoagies With Tangy Cabbage-Pepper Relish:
1. Place chopped cabbage, diced yellow bell pepper, diced orange bell pepper, diced onion, shredded carrot, white vinegar, 1 tsp. sea salt and red pepper into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Combine ingredients well. Cover the mixing bowl and store it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to blend flavors.
2. Mix mayonnaise, chives, paprika, lime juice, garlic, 1 tsp. sea salt and black pepper in a small mixing bowl. Allow ingredients to sit for 15 minutes to absorb flavors.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat setting.
4. Pour beer into a grill-safe skillet or pot and put it on the grill. Heat until the beer is simmering.
5. Remove Premio Chorizo Sausage from the package and place the sausage links directly on the grill grate. Grill sausage links for about 5-7 minutes until charred and showing grill marks.
6. Place cooked sausage links into the beer. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
7. Remove the sausage links from the beer return to the grill. Continue to grill sausage links for an additional 5-7 minutes or
8. Move the sausage links to a platter and allow them to sit for 4 minutes.
9. Grill Italian sub sandwich rolls for about 2 minutes to lightly brown the inside. Transfer the rolls to plates.
10. Spread the mayonnaise and chives mixture on the inside of the rolls. Add one Premio Chorizo Sausage link per roll. Top chorizo hoagie sandwiches with cabbage relish and serve.