10 Premio Hot Italian Sausage links
2 (29 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
7 cups water
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoons crushed red pepper
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 pound thin spaghetti
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Chris's Spicy Sausage Spaghetti Soup:
1. In a pot, lightly brown the Premio Sausages. Remove from pot and set aside.
2. Lightly brown the onions in a pot and remove the excess oil. Add all ingredients (except pasta) into pot; put on medium heat.
3. After sausages have cooled, slice into 1/8 of an inch round pieces. Then slice in half, creating a half-moon appearance. Add all sausage into the pot and bring to an immediate boil, turning it down to simmer right away for 90 minutes.
4. While simmering, take pasta and break into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Throw cut pasta into a pot of boiling water with some salt; cook until pasta is tender.
5. Once pasta is cooked, remove from water, drain and add to sausage pot. Continue simmering until you have reached 90 minutes total cook time. Serve and enjoy.
SERVES: 5-6SERVES: 5-6