Ingredients:1 large onion (or 2 medium onions), sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into fourths
1 orange bell pepper, cut into fourths
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into fourths
1 green bell pepper, cut into fourths
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 hero rolls (or bread of your choice)
Balsamic vinegar, as needed
Small, fresh basil leaves, for serving Kosher salt & black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Classic Grilled Sausage and Peppers Hero Recipe:
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Poach and then grill Premio Sausage, covered, turning occasionally and brushing with vinegar, until cooked through, about 12 to 14 minutes.
2. Grill onions and peppers until just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
3. Place peppers and onion in a large bowl and toss with vinegar to coat. Add 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
4. Fold in the basil, if desired. Cut sausage in half and layer into hero rolls or bread of your choice, with the grilled onions and peppers.
Recipe courtesy of the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE).
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8