1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
8 ounces fresh spinach
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 slices mozzarella cheese
4 hamburger buns
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Classic Premio Italian Sausage Burgers:
1. Make the pesto. Put the basil leaves and walnuts into a food processor. Pulse it a few times. Add the parmesan and garlic, and pulse it a few more times. Turn the food processor on a steady pulse, and slowly add the olive oil. Add the salt and black pepper. Set the finished pesto aside.
2. Preheat your grill.
3. Combine the sausage meat and breadcrumbs until they’re evenly mixed. Divide the meat into 4 equal parts, and form them into patties. Season the patties generously on both sides with salt and black pepper. Set them aside.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a skillet. Add the spinach, and saute it until it becomes wilted.
5. Put the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the skillet. Add the garlic. Season it with the salt and black pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Remove it from the heat.
6. Brush the burgers will olive oil, and grill them over medium heat for 5 minutes. Flip the burgers, add a slice of cheese to each and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Spread some pesto on the bottom buns. Add the burgers, and top each one with spinach. Serve and enjoy.