2 Premio Chorizo Sausage links
4 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces Monterey jack cheese
4 ounces Swiss cheese
4 ounces red bell pepper, diced
4 ounces green bell pepper, diced
8 ounces lump crab meat
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Crabby Chorizo Quesadillas:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). In a sauté pan, brown Premio Sausage. Cut into penny size slices and then cut them in half; set aside.
2. In a separate sauté pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and bell peppers; cook over medium heat until soft. Add all spices to the pepper mixture.
3. Add sausage and crab meat to pepper mixture and mix, on low heat, for 2 minutes. Set aside to build quesadillas.
4. Spread 2 ounces cream cheese over 2 tortillas, until smooth. Add sausage and crab mixture evenly over cream cheese and top with grated Monterey and Swiss cheeses. Top with flour tortilla.
5. Brush remaining olive oil over the top quesadilla and bake on a cookie sheet in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Remove, cut into 3-inch pie shape slices and serve with your favorite salsa.
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8