1 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage or Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
1 tablespoon sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil to cover the bottom of pan, about _ cup
1 clove garlic
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Easiest and Most Delicious Sauce Ever:
1. Pour about a _ cup of olive oil into a saucepan; add the garlic clove. Cook over low heat for a few minutes, to soften but not brown the garlic.
2. Add package of Premio Hot or Sweet Italian Sausage and cook on a slightly higher heat until the sausage is brown, about 30 minutes (make sure that the garlic doesn’t get dark).
3. Add the 28-ounce can Italian tomatoes. Add the sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the sauce to a simmer.
4. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, watching that the sauce doesn’t burn. Discard the garlic.
SERVES: 2-4SERVES: 2-4