3 cups Premio Chorizo Sausage, diced 3 cups spanish onions, diced
3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
2 cups mixed color bell peppers, seeded and chopped
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 cups hash brown potatoes
3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1-1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
4 poached eggs
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Eggs & Sausage Hash:
1. Saute onions, Premio Chorizo Sausage, chicken and bell peppers in oil until vegetables soften (about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally over medium-high heat in a 12-inch skillet).
2. Add potatoes, thyme and seasoning; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 8 minutes.
3. Uncover and continue cooking until potatoes are tender and crusty, scraping up browned bits and adding oil if needed, about 7 minutes longer.
4. Divide hash onto 4 warmed plates and top each with a poached egg, season with salt/pepper.